We’ve had days and days and inches and inches of rain here in Southern California.
Today the rain stopped, the wind blew away the clouds and the sun shined brightly.
I spent the morning walking on the beach and basking in the beauty of it all. This afternoon I was back in the studio, painting flowers and hearts, (gotta get ready for St. Valentine’s Day!) and dashing across the hall to keep the laundry going.
All in all, it’s been a very, very good day!
We’re finally LIVE!
The site update has been in the works for months; and I’m thrilled it’s up and running. The process has been lengthy, patience-testing and highly educational. I’ve learned A LOT, which is par for the course for a visual artist.
Being an artist involves a lot more than making art. We’re always learning, adapting, creating and recreating. A friend of mine, Heather Miller, whose sole income is derived from her art business, recently said she spends about 30% of her time creating art. The other 70% is consumed with website upkeep, social media, marketing, networking and business management. We wear a lot of hats!
Since I recently had surgery, I’ve also worn the patient hat (Which, by the way, I do not like!), and my entire sense of schedule and self blew up in response. I’m just getting back to work and, of course, decided I needed to re-work. So the painting above, lovely and abstract, is morphing into a beautiful floral. I will post pics here and on Instagram when I’m done.
In the meantime, please browse my originals page. Everything there is available now. If you’re interested in fine art prints, check out that page, too. And talk to me! Leave comments here. Follow me on Facebook and send me a message; or join the daily conversation on Instagram. One way or another, I’d LOVE to hear from you!